Wage Rate: $13.00-$15.00/hour
Status: Full Time
Type: Year Round
Availability: 6AM to 2PM, Monday thru Friday, and every third weekend, 6AM to 10AM
• Operates irrigation heads in dry areas needing additional water.
• Routine maintenance and repairs the irrigation system, pipes and irrigation heads as needed.
• Fills out requests for irrigation and course parts and supplies.
• Edge irrigation heads, valve boxes, and drains.
• Maintains irrigation satellites in clean, neat, and insect free condition.
• Keeps irrigation inventory areas clean and organized.
• Keeps irrigation vehicle clean, neat, and organized.
• Maintains repair records.
• Orders irrigation parts and supplies.
• Monitors pump station for proper operation, adjust pumps as required.
• May occasionally supervise a small labor force for special projects.
• Performs other general landscape maintenance duties as directed by supervisor.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Requires working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, including automatic valves and controllers, and working knowledge of various types of pumps and pumping systems.
• Skills electrical trouble shooting, pipe and irrigation head repair, valve repair, pump station maintenance, irrigation installation, record keeping, and ordering parts.
• Familiar with Electrical and or Hydraulic irrigation systems, Variable Flow Drive Pump Stations, golf course watering practices, Toro Osmac Site Pro computer operation or equivalent.
• Remember that each course may have a different Irrigation System and computer Hardware the basic requirements are the same.
• Requires understanding of agronomy, turfgrass science and the rules of golf; knowledge of tools, methods and materials used in grounds and landscape area maintenance work; ability to operate light motorized equipment; and ability to follow oral and written directions.
• Has basic understanding of how a golf course irrigation system works.
• Can operate irrigation heads from the two-way radio as well as from irrigation satellites.
• Can operate irrigation system to water in fertilizer or pesticide as required.
• Can replace any type of irrigation head.
• Can repair any type of irrigation head.
• Can perform the monthly pump station service requirements including the reporting of current meter readings for the pump station, effluent line, make-up wells to the golf course superintendent.
• Can make simple (up to 3”) PVC pipe repairs.
• Knows the correct way to install slip-on and dresser couplings.
• Understands the principles of PVC pipe repair and maintenance. Knows the correct way to glue PVC pipe.
• Can properly back-fill holes and install sod with the proper plant material to the standards of the golf club
• Able to read and understand as-built and T-map.