a) Check quality and amount of all stock and supplies using checklist.
b) Fold napkins.
c) Stocking of all necessary supplies.
d) Set up all condiments and beverages (non-alcoholic).
e) Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station
Review reserved tables and names of such; follow up on special arrangements for pre-assigned tables.
Review daily specials and maintain awareness of 86'd items throughout the shift.
When assigned, take guests' food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
- Reiterate guests' orders.
- Input order into system and ensure transmission of food orders is verified by Kitchen when assigned to do so.
- Legibly document orders when system is down and distribute food orders to Kitchen.
- Retrieve all alcoholic beverage items from bar and serve to guest.
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles in accordance with departmental standards.
- Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with the departmental standards.
- Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the guest in accordance with departmental standards.
- Guide the activities of the assigned server assts. to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Clear each course.
- Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to dishwashing area.
- Properly crumb tables after the entree course is removed.
- Present dessert menus and describe items; describe selections and make suggestions;
- When assigned, total all charges and present guest checks;
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Extend appreciation for guests' patronage and invite them back.
- Clean and reset tables immediately after guest departs.
- Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Complete closing side duties: