Essential Job Functions
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all resort services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
a) Scheduled daily activities and in-house groups.
b) Daily resort guest counts.
c) Resort extension numbers.
d) Hours of operation of each outlet, ambiance, menu selections and price range.
- Be familiar with the menus of the restaurant and be able to highlight items for guests.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations
- Maintain complete knowledge of table and seat numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation.
- Prepare station chart and assign stations to staff following departmental procedures.
- Set up Host(ess) station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness at all times. Report shortages to Manager.
- Inspect condition and cleanliness of menus and wine lists; ensure designated amounts are available.
- Inspect the Restaurant environment and entrance area; rectify any deficiencies; maintain cleanliness at all times.
- Inspect tables and stations, ensuring that all set ups meet the department standards. Check throughout meal period and relay deficiencies to respective personnel and follow up on corrections.
- Guide the Servers and Buspersons in table set-up needs to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Answer restaurant telephone courteously and efficiently.
- Take, record and confirm restaurant reservations/cancellations.
- Escort guests to tables and assist in seating at tables; present menus and extend pleasantries.
- Accommodate all requests for information courteously.
- Communicate VIP arrivals and special requests to designated personnel for follow up.
- Extend courteous departures as guests leave the restaurant and invite them to return.
- Check that tables are cleaned and reset before seating guests.
- Complete closing duties as assigned.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.