Essential Job Functions
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of Open Table ( reservation system).
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all resort services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
a) Scheduled daily activities and in-house groups.
b) Daily resort guest counts.
c) Resort extension numbers.
d) Hours of operation of each outlet, ambiance, menu selections and price range.
- Be familiar with the menus of the restaurant and be able to highlight items for guests.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations
- Maintain complete knowledge of table and seat numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation.
- Prepare station chart and assign stations to staff following departmental procedures.
- Set up Host(ess) station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness at all times. Report shortages to Manager.
- Inspect condition and cleanliness of menus and wine lists; ensure designated amounts are available.
- Inspect the Restaurant environment and entrance area; rectify any deficiencies; maintain cleanliness at all times.
- Inspect tables and stations, ensuring that all set ups meet the department standards. Check throughout meal period and relay deficiencies to respective personnel and follow up on corrections.
- Guide the Servers and Buspersons in table set-up needs to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Answer restaurant telephone courteously and efficiently.
- Take, record and confirm restaurant reservations/cancellations.
- Escort guests to tables and assist in seating at tables; present menus and extend pleasantries.
- Accommodate all requests for information courteously.
- Communicate VIP arrivals and special requests to designated personnel for follow up.
- Extend courteous departures as guests leave the restaurant and invite them to return.
- Check that tables are cleaned and reset before seating guests.
- Complete closing duties as assigned.
- Will act as a supervisor for the establishment. Will be required to open or close the restaurant on occasion.
- Will be able to check out servers at the end of a shift