Provide oversight of merchandising for resort operations to include merchandise selection and display. Responsible for decision on the retail marketing selection and strategy. Negotiating deals and promotions to maximize sale of merchandise. Works with SJCR marketing to assist in outlet promotional activities. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and St. Joe Club & Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
• Planning and developing merchandising strategies.
• Analyzing sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs.
• Meet with vendors and keep up to date with current industry trends.
• Create, implement and monitor the merchandise budget.
• Accountable for all merchandise sales and cost of goods sold. Maintain those records and properly record numbers for reporting.
• Manages inventory control. Duties include buying and evaluating goods, in addition to performing monthly inventory.
• Execute the order process (ordering and receiving), invoicing and monthly accounting procedures.
• Create innovative and fresh displays in the retail shop.
• Spend time on the floor, meeting the members and learning their needs.
• Highly-motivated to achieve goals, excellent organizational skills, and strong computer skills.
• Have a sunny disposition and create a welcoming atmosphere in the golf shop to members and guests.
• Present an attractive array of men's and women's apparel, accessories and golf related merchandise that is consistent and in line with membership expectations.
• Build displays and maintain golf shop in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Have necessary computer skills to send communications to membership with photos and promotions of merchandise in golf shop.
• Be willing to spend majority of time on the floor of the shop interacting with other staff, members, and guests. (This is not a back office job)
• Develop strategies to enhance sales and customer satisfaction.
• Maintain and execute a healthy special order business within retail shop(s).
• Be willing to answer phone and if necessary take orders.
• Identify new and creative ways to promote company brand and merchandise.
• Maintain appropriate inventory levels on a seasonal basis.
• Conduct events and promotions to enhance sales.
• Keep accurate records of all orders be it special orders or seasonal inventory orders.
• Meet with Sales reps to plan for next season's inventories.
• Be a team player.
• Organizational Skills
• Communication Proficiency
• Commitment to Excellence
• Attention to Detail
• Time Management Skills
• Computer Skills
• Rapid Decision making Skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
Frequently sits, stands, walks, talks, hears, uses hands, and reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches. Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds. Work in a busy environment with frequent guests and members. Able to access all club properties and drive areas with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Required Education and Experience
• Proven working experience in merchandising.
• Up-to-date with the latest merchandising trends and best practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong listening, presentation and decision making skills.
• Working knowledge of inventory management systems and procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English
• Ability to adhere to Physical Demands
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• High school diploma, or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, or fashion merchandising field
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.