DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares or directly supervises the preparation of a wide variety of menu items.
- Assists the chef de cuisine with inventories, cost controls, and issuing supplies and equipment for food production.
- Assumes oversight of food production and kitchen personnel in the absence of the chef de cuisine.
- Assists executive chef with supervision of employees, sanitation and safety, menu planning, and related production activities.
- Cleans and maintains work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, its equipment, and other areas as appropriate.
- Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies; detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions.
- Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, presentation, and flavor of foods.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Assists sous chef in developing menus according to line traffic, efficiency, quality and cost control.
- Assist Sous and Chef De Cuisine forecasting dining events to progress the resort
- Develop mise em place sheets and production for all shifts within the restaurant for the cooks to follow.
- Assist in discipline of the staff in compliance with our company standards.
- Assist in developing externs and line staff with skills needed to progress within the company and field.
- The physical environment in which the work is performed includes indoor HV AC climate control.
- Physical efforts or distracting elements required of this position: REGULAR: Lifting up to 50 pounds, standing, noise, walking, kneeling, climbing stairs. OCCASIONAL: Prolonged visual attention
(Definition of occasional: Physical efforts or distracting elements associated with up to 20% of the incumbent's duties.)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.