Servers are instrumental in providing an outstanding dining "experience" for golf patrons, by not only competently taking and serving food and beverage orders in accordance with course food and beverage department's core standards, courteously and efficiently. But by "escorting" and being a "resource" along the way. Collection of payments and diligently maintaining the outlet area and equipment are also major functions of this position.
- Anticipating the guests’ needs, responding promptly and acknowledging all guests, whatever time of day. Maintaining positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all club services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table and seat numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up of the outlet.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes.
- Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Complete opening side duties as assigned:
a) Check quality and amount of all stock and supplies using checklist.
b) Fold napkins.
c) Stocking of all necessary supplies.
d) Set up all condiments and beverages (non-alcoholic).
e) Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station
f) Review reserved tables and names of such; follow up on
special arrangements for pre-assigned tables.
g) Review daily specials and maintain awareness of 86'd items
throughout the shift.
- When assigned, take guests' food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
- Reiterate guests' orders.
- Input order into system and ensure transmission of food orders is verified by Kitchen when assigned to do so.
- Legibly document orders when system is down and distribute food orders to Kitchen.
- Retrieve all alcoholic beverage items from bar and serve to guest.
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles in accordance with departmental standards.
- Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with the departmental standards.
- Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the guest in accordance with departmental standards.
- Guide the activities of the assigned server assts. to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Clear each course.
- Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to dishwashing area.
- Properly crumb tables after the entree course is removed.
- Present dessert menus and describe items; describe selections and make suggestions;
- When assigned, total all charges and present guest checks;
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Extend appreciation for guests' patronage and invite them back.
- Clean and reset tables immediately after guest departs.
- Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Complete closing side duties:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.