Wage Rate: $13.00/hr
Position Type: Year Round
Position Status: Full Time
Availability: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Saturday - Friday. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Provide prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for guest reservations, changes, cancellations and information about The Pearl Hotel.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
• Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
• Maintain complete knowledge of:
o All resort facilities/services, hours of operation.
o All guest room layouts, bed types, decor, appointments and locations.
o Room availability for any given day.
o Restricted dates, rates and room types.
o All room rates, packages and promotions.
o Entertainment/special events scheduled at the resort.
• Access all functions of computer system.
• Maintain applicable information in NAVIS, ensuring information is accurate and calls are coded correctly.
• Answer telephone calls within 3 rings, using correct salutations and professional telephone etiquette.
• Process all reservation requests, changes and cancellations received by phone, fax and email.
• Ascertain callers' needs through open-ended questions.
• Obtain all designated information to book a reservation.
• Accommodate special requests and designate such in system.
• Access guest history records to best service guests; maintain accurate information in guest history files.
• Maximize rate for all reservations.
• Assist callers with dining, spa, and golf reservations and amenity orders.
• Verify availability. Suggest alternate dates for sold-out dates.
• Explain guarantee and cancellation policies to callers; assign confirmation/cancellation numbers and relay such to caller.
• Relay accurate information on transportation arrangements from airport to the resort.
• Set up proper billing accounts (i.e. share-withs, room/tax/incidentals, tax exempt, direct/special billing) and process advance deposits.
• Verify all reservation information with caller to ensure accuracy.
• Input all manual reservations into the system.
• Process confirmation letters.
• Refer requests for initial booking of group rooms, banquet, meeting and wedding requests to the Sales Department.
• Monitor and maintain wait lists daily.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
• Hospitality and Property Management System experience preferred.
• Computer experience required.
• Excellent communication/organizational skills required.
• Excellent guest/customer service skills required.
• Area and Resort knowledge required.