Wage Rate: $8.00/hr + tips
Position Type: Year Round
Position Status: Full Time
Availability: Day and Evening Shift. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Havana Beach bartenders are instrumental in providing an outstanding experience in fine dining for all members and guests. Bartenders prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to guests and bar patrons by specification of menu and outlet requirements. Bartenders are sociable with guests, knowledgeable on the restaurant’s items, drink recipes, wines, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages provided, and procedures as well as they are professional in upholding St Joe’s policies and high standards in fine dining.
We view mixology as an honorable career choice and with this comes an incredible responsibility including but not limited to the following…
• Anticipating the guest’s needs, responding promptly and acknowledging all guests.
• Serves all guests in a hospitable fashion to ensure positive guest experience
• Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily volume projection
• Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to insure product quality.
• Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks. Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
• Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
• Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest, including those served by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
• Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers and comps are properly executed, in order to balance all moneys.
• Locks and stores all beverage, food and other equipment items, deposits cash drops and secures bank.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skill and Knowledge
• Hotel experience preferred.
• 1-5 years in fine dining
• 1-5 years in craft bartending
• Must communicate well with guests.
• Must have advanced knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
• Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
• Must have the ability to communicate in English.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to squat, bend and maneuver underneath the bar entry